Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

2 months old today!


Sophia is celebrating the first day of summer by being 2 months old today! We have been working on tummy time to strengthen her head, neck, and chest muscles, lying on her back looking at herself and grabbing at objects, smiling and cooing, and learning to enjoy her 3 hour afternoon nap!

She is the proud supporter of Bum Genius diapers. They are reusable cloth diapers that function more like a disposable. Although they look like she is wearing baby Depends she seems to like them and I like not having the waste that disposables create!

She also puts up with my ridiculous photo antics! I love this outfit because it matches the color of her room. I thought it would funny to hold her up to the wall as she camouflaged herself!

And she had her first horseback ride!

Phillip has learned how to be a great Dad. He enjoys his one on one time with Sophia very much. He learned from a colleague the other day that the average American Dad only spends 8 minutes a day with their child! He spends far more time than that with Sophie! He also knows how to keep me happy. Sophia got "off schedule" a bit yesterday and didn't go to bed until 10pm. That meant I was feeding her from 9-10pm when I'm usually winding down for the night and going to bed myself. To boost my spirits he made me some ice cream....but I told him I couldn't eat it because I only had one hand. One hand was holding the baby and I wouldn't have enough leverage/grasp to hold a bowl and put the spoon to my mouth...but Phillip being the inventive man he is came to the rescue!

I'm sure I'll take some photos today of Sophia's 2 month milestone. I head back to work on Monday. It is bittersweet. I am looking forward to seeing my friends and having something intellectual to do but I know I will miss being home with Sophia and Dolly very much. It has been so enjoyable just watching Sophia each day grow and just be!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute baby - nice photos!