Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2007

15 weeks, 3 days pregnant

Just thought I'd give everyone an update. At a little over 15 weeks pregnant (that will be 4 months on Friday) I'm feeling really good. My energy level has sort of come back to "normal"--now I'm not out running 5 miles or anything but I don't feel like I have to nap each afternoon. I'm starting to put on a little weight and I'm starting to show just a bit.

The only problem I do have is pretty bad sciatica. Sciatica is basically an inflammation of the nerve and muscle in my right hip/buttock. It is very painful and annoying. Basically when I'm standing or walking it will "catch" and I have a difficult time turning around or bending over to reach something. I'm pretty sure I've had self-diagnosed issues with my sciatic nerve for years but just dealt with it. However when I told my OB this she said "Already?" because this is a symptom of pregnancy that usually doesn't spring up until the third trimester when you have a lot more weight and your hips and pelvis have expanded to carry the baby. So I have been going to physical therapy for a week and will continue to go for about 5 more weeks, longer if need be. They have taught me to do some stretches to help alleviate the pain and pressure and each visit I get local deep tissue massage and heat therapy. The massage is great but because the area is so tender it is a bit painful.

We have just about one month until we go in for the next ultrasound at which point they can hopefully determine the sex of the baby. We will certainly share this information with you all! I hope the next several weeks fly by because we are excited to find out.

Although we don't really have room for a nursery in our apartment we have decided the eventual nursery will be farm themed. I collected a lot of cow stuff working for COSI so we thought we could put some of it to use.

That's about all from here. Just anxiously awaiting all the coming changes to my body and our lives.

No comments: